Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Versaces, two stars


My sister sent me this photo of Gossip Girl star Blake Lively in an obsession-worthy Versace. She was taken with it and I completely concur -- I had ripped that page out of InStyle just the day before.

I love how the nude dress is like an extension of her own glowing skin, and the texture and styling is so chic. The layered bangles and dangling earrings are a nice juxtaposition and Lively literally radiates with her hair pulled slick away from her face. And the fringe! In a still photo you don't notice it at first, but if you look closer you'll see it's the bodice fabric tightly woven, and then stretched down through the skirt where it swings delicately. Bravo Blake, bravo.

Now, did anyone notice that January Jones wore a similar Versace to the Golden Globes? In bright
red, the Mad Men actress donned a longer version with more provocative cut-outs. The movement of the fringe on the red carpet was lovely, and it would be hard to make Jones look bad, but if this were a "who wore it better", my money would be on Lively.


Photos: Instyle and Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment