Thursday, February 24, 2011

The gowns of NYC Fall Fashion Week '11

While fashion critics review, like and dislike this season's styles, I have my eyes fixed on the later looks, those that come toward the end of the show right before the designer takes his bow.

This is when the gowns are debuted, somewhere around look number 36, and this is where stylists will take their cue for choosing the red carpet dresses (or versions of them) that we'll see on Oscars night. I limited myself to ten, so you have no idea how hard it was, but here are some I hope make an appearance (don't get hung up on styling). =)

Marchesa



Monique Lhuillier & Badgley Mischka



Ralph Lauren & Carolina Herrera



Oscar de la Renta & Prabal Garung



Donna Karen & Jason Wu



Photos: WWD.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the Jason Wu! Would wear that exactly as is in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete