Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Stylish Moment from the Past

I love My Mom the Style Icon, an inspiring blog about the influential and stylish people in our lives and in our past. When my mom shared a photo of her parents and my aunt from 1946, I knew I had to do a post of my own.



About the captured moment, my aunt told me, “…Daddy had just sung the Lord’s Prayer at a wedding and I remember being most impressed with him. He had sung in light opera as a young man before the war.”  

My grandparents made quite the stylish couple – him in his dapper white wool suit and my grandmother in a shirtwaist dress with shirred gloves, an oversize clutch purse and an elegant spring hat.

I’m always amazed to see where fashion comes from, and how styles we may perceive as  “new” and “in” have actually been done in some way before. My grandmother’s look would be as fabulous now as it was then!

If you have a “My Mom the Style Icon” photo you would like to share, contact me and we’ll get it posted!

1 comment: