Monday, February 28, 2011

83rd Annual Academy Fashion Winners

Everyone is entitled to their favorites list, and here is mine.

1. Cate Blanchett made it on both the best
and worst dressed list, but I think her Givenchy (Spring 2011 Couture) is stunning. Its modern yet intricate, and I adore the lilac hue with pearl and yellow crystal encrusted detail.




2. I knew we would see sheer on the red carpet -- see-through skirts and pants were all over the Fall '11 Collections -- so I was pleased that Mila Kunis' Elie Saab (Spring 2011 Couture) was a thoughtful application of the trend. The lilac chiffon gown with tiered lace deta
iling was provocative, yet elegant.



3. It's no surprise that I approve of both Gwyneth Paltrow's minimalistic Calvin Klein column (custom design) and the gold Michael Kors gown (Fall 2011 RTW) that she later performed in. According to interviews, about her first look she said, "They made it for me. I wanted to wear a kind of glamorous wetsuit."
Although her rendition of "Coming Home" was applause-neutral, her fashion choices, as always, deserve a thumbs-up.




4. I wasn't expecting to see Mandy Moore at the Oscars, but there she was, perfectly styled in a shimmery Monique Lhuillier (Spring 2011 RTW). The gown sparkled, her hair was in a classic chignon, and on her lips -- a very current and punchy red-orange.



Photos: Style.com, WWD.com

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love how you showed the runway piece side-by-side with the Oscar photo. Mila was my favorite of the night. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks !! Great information

    ReplyDelete